Wholesaling clamshells to stores

I'm really trying to figure out how I want to do this. I just don't have the time nore the gas to be driving the distances to see every one of these stores. Would you mail a best selling scent in clamshell to a store with in tro letter and wholesal price list?

Also, would you provide the display rack for the clamshells or not? By NOT providing it, I wouldn't have to invest the money up front for the racks. (floor display rack with 24 prongs for clamshells. (6 on each prong)

Nor would I have to round up the displays if they cancell the account.

I'm getting ready to try and head back to work full and I don't really want the hassel of the displys. I hoping to nab stores and then ship the clamshells with the reorders.

Any suggestion or advice needed. Thanks again!

Fire:cool2:

Hey I have not posted in a long time but I will jump in on this one. Most wholesale companies offer a FREE display with a certain amount in purchased product. Maybe an entirely full rack with their choice of scents and then give them the rack for free.

Also No I would not go around to all the store if you do not have time. Maybe the local ones but I would follow up after you send something to them. Call and ask if they tried the sample and find out if they would like to place an order and maybe even offer a discount if they place one before a certain time frame.

I had a store before so I know how most of the wholesale companies do this. I usually opted for the FREE display. Plus they would own the display and you would not have to round it up later. Figure up your cost for the display and then find out how many clamshells they have to buy to get the free display. They should have extra for backstock as well.

One of the companies I had your display held 12 but you got 24 of the item with the package deal.

Hope that helps you.