Dang...from one problem to the next...

This candle stuff is harder than most people think. I got into candle making about 2 months ago...and STILL can't consistently turn out a nice candle. For the longest time, I was having problems with a frosty appearance...so everyone told me to pour hotter. Now PINHOLES are ruining just about every candle! This stuff can make you want to quit. I did a search on this site for pinholes, and the consensus seems to be that pouring too hot, or dirty molds can cause pinholes. My molds certainly aren't dirty. Some are new, and I cleaned the one's that aren't. So maybe I'm pouring too hot. But if I lower the temp...then I bet I'll be back to everything coming out with the frosty look! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Don't know what type of wax you are using but kinda sounds like straight parrifen. Try adding some UA or vybar and pour 170. UA would get rid of the pinholes for me. The frosting that you are talking about, I believe is what we call rustic. Just raise the pouring temp to get rid of frosting.

Connie...thanks for the suggestions. I'm using two different waxes...1343, and 4625. From what I read, you don't need any additives for the 4625 since it's a blend, but I was adding Vybar to the 1343 with the same problems. The frosting thing is different from the rustic. I actually like the rustic...but the frosted look almost hides any color. Pouring hotter did cure the frosting problem, but now TONS of pinholes are ruining everything. But if UA is known to help with pinholes, I'm DEFINITELY gonna give it a try.

I think you are having the same problem that made me put everything away for a week and then go back. I got so frustrated. Get some universal additive. It solved my frosty problem on the first go. :D

I know that you said that you cleaned your molds, but I'm not sure what method you used to clean them. I fought the pinhole problem for about a week with 4794. What finally worked for me was to spray the molds with WD-40, let soak for a couple of minutes, wipe clean with paper towels. Then spray with Pam, soak for a couple of minutes, and wipe clean with paper towels. This cured the pinhole problem for me. :yay: