Votive wick recommendation

What do you recommend for a votive wick? I have been doing lots of research, and all the numbers are starting to run together and my brain is now mushy. I am looking for the pretabbed ones for right now. These will be for paraffin wax and the votives will not be in a container.

Oh, and who do you buy from?

Thanks for your help in advance :highfive:

Votives are meant to be in a container when burned. They are suppose to liquidify. Maybe you mean , not pourred in a container, I hope. No way of knowing here what type of wax you are using so there is just too many varabiles.

Of course I mean they are not poured into a container :P

And, I said paraffin wax...do I need to be more specific than that??

I believe the reason that was asked, was because it is possible to wick and pour into proper glass votive holders.

Alot of people on this board put a lot of time and effort into testing their products, and are very helpful sharing their results to help others. However, I dont believe there are many that will just give info on a whim, not knowing the ins and outs about what is going on.. meaning, a bit more information than you provided.

Yes you stated it was paraffin, but is it straight paraffin, or a paraffin mix, are you adding anything to it? What is the brand.. etc all this information will help somebody give you the help your looking for.. ;)

You can tell from the "Wax Drip" nickname I have that I am new, so I had no idea it mattered as much as it did to be so specific. My apologies.

Genwax 128° F votive/container wax pure paraffin no additives

I hope that is enough information, because I can't think of what else I could provide, other than the fact I don't have wicks. They will be made in 2 inch votive molds....

Thanks again in advance for all the helpful answers I hope to get :D

You can tell from the "Wax Drip" nickname I have that I am new, so I had no idea it mattered as much as it did to be so specific. My apologies.

Genwax 128° F votive/container wax pure paraffin no additives

I hope that is enough information, because I can't think of what else I could provide, other than the fact I don't have wicks. They will be made in 2 inch votive molds....

Thanks again in advance for all the helpful answers I hope to get :D

I was a wax drip too.. sometimes still am.. :rolleyes2 No need to applogize. I use soy so I am unable to help you... but I am sure someone will jump on and help you or give you a direction.

While your waiting, you might want to check out this link if you havent already - it is in the helpful links for newbies area http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Discussions;action=display;num=1074230291

And I also use this often. http://server.com/WebApps/db-view.cgi?id=71493 - just go to search form, I know it doesnt have the type of wax you use - or I dont think it does.. type the size votive and maybe you will find something close that you can start with.

It might get you going in the right direction.. hope that helps

I was a wax drip too.. sometimes still am.. :rolleyes2 I use soy so I am unable to help you... but I am sure someone will jump on and help you or give you a direction.

While your waiting, you might want to check out this link if you havent already - it is in the helpful links for newbies area http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Discussions;action=display;num=1074230291

And I also use this often. http://server.com/WebApps/db-view.cgi?id=71493

It might get you going in the right direction.. hope that helps

I did check there, but there are so many different ones listed that it is confusing. If I recall correctly, there were 5 or 6 types just for votives. Being the Drip that I am, that is brain overload. That is why I think recommendation would be cool to lead me on the right path.

When I need soy help, I will track you down :wave:

Did you look here also? http://server.com/WebApps/db-view.cgi?id=71493 if nothing else, there is plain paraffin wax, you can get an idea where to start.. That is what I do alot of the time and usally get it pretty close the first time or two..

Here are a couple I found:

Votive - Standard 2oz.130mp plain paraffin wax1 Wick44-24-18 Zincmore

Votive - Standard 2oz.125mp plain paraffin wax1 WickCD 5some scents CD 4more

Votive - Standard 2oz.130mp plain paraffin wax1 Wick44-24-18 Zincmore

Votive - Standard 2oz.Astor J-50 (container)1 WickLX 10more

Votive - Standard 2oz.125mp plain paraffin wax1 WickLX 10more

Votive - Standard 2oz.-130mp plain paraffin wax-1 WickHTP 41-more

Votive - Standard 2oz.-130mp plain paraffin wax-1 WickLX 10-more

If it were me, I would start with one of these if you have it and take it from there. But .. that is me.. LOL (Sorry I just re-read that you dont have any wicks.. so hopefully someone will jump in and give you a better answer.. )