Votive & container wicks

Hiya,

I've been making my own wick systems for votives & container candles but am having problems .:sad2: .

I crimp the wick sustainer onto the wick using flat nosed pliers but this always bends the sustainer, so I have to flatten it out again, with varying degrees of success & sore finger tips!

I've tried all the other pliers I have in the house but keep coming back to the flat nosed ones.

Is there some other way of doing this or a special tool?

I don't mind wonky bottoms on my own candles but I want them right for customers. It's getting frustrating !

Hope someone can help. TIA

Sally, if you have a Hobby / Craft store nearby check out the jewlery section. I got a pair of jelwerly crimps from Michaels think they were about $5. They work great, much better than the needle nose pliers I was using. HTH

Thanks Sharyl,

I'll take a look in my local craft shop but I'll have to wait til tuesday cos they're closed on mondays. I'm in Scotland so I bet they'll cost more than yours did, everything over here seems to be soooo much more expensive!