Please help, can my batch of lotion be salvaged?

Hi, I have tested many recipes, found the perfect one, altered some of the oils and I've made two different batches cut down to 1/4 batch with excellent success....yesterday I made my first FULL batch and it is separating???? What happened??? Can I melt down and add some stearic acid (needs to be slightly thicker) and e-wax and pulse with my stick blender? Or is the WHOLE batch wasted??? :cry2: :undecided :confused: And yes, I had already added Germaben 11 :(

Thanks,

Beverly

You can certainly try adding more e-wax, but make sure you heat the finished product to approx. the temp that the melted e-wax is when you combine them, or you'll get nasty grains. Check the specs on the Germaben, you may be able to keep the temp under what the manufacturer suggests for adding it, and salvage the preservative, too.

I've found that if I pour the lotion into bottles when it's still runny, I have to shake it about 3 times over the next 12-24 hours to keep it from separating. If you poured it runny, and just let it sit, then I would just try reheating a little and doing the shaky-shaky over the next day. I usually let mine cool to a thin pudding consistency, and I don't have any separation problems.