pillars wrapped in bamboo sticks

I was just a a Meijers and saw the most beatiful pillars and they were wrapped in whole bamboo sticks, it looked as if they were sitting in the mold when poured, has anyone tried this? I am not sure how to accomplish it but gonna try go find me some bamboo and put on my thinking cap. Just thought maybe someone else has done it and could give me some tips, thanks

It does sound very pretty, but I would be worried about it as a fire hazard...maybe make an everlasting pillar and put a tealight in the top or something?

I was thinking fire hazard also. Maybe if it's just made for a decoration without a wick to stop the temptation for people to lite it. :undecided

You could add the bamboo to the mold then pour Hurricane wax. Let the wax set till you get a shell a little thicker than the bamboo, then pour out the hurricane wax. Let this wax completely harden, then add a wick and pour container wax. That way you have a decorative safe shell with lower melt point inner wax.

HTH Candle Man

BTW - If any wax gets on the outside of the bamboo then use a heat gun to melt it, while it's still a Hurricane then pour in cantainer wax.

Bamboo skewers would look good this way. You could torch the outside of the Hurricane to give the bamboo skewers a chared effect.