size of soap

lbtddr

how does every one get the same hight of soap. i use log molds.the only way i can seem to get really close is by making small batches to fit my mold. i like to make enough to fit all three. but i can not seem to get them all the same hight.

1. Weigh them. I know my recipe and my mold size now, but when I was starting out I'd put my mold on the scale, pour it until it was as high as I wanted, and then move that mold off the scale and put the next one on.

2. Mark the height you want on your freezer paper or the side of your mold (if you use a linerless mold).

HTH-

i will try Weighing them. Marking the height does not seem to work very good for me. i use a liner so the mark is really light. they are close but i always seem to get a little off. most are ok. but if i get one that was a little to tall by one that was a little to short i notice it.

Does anyone just cut them in rough blocks and sell as chunk soap like in the olden days when they just made chunks? Thought of packaging it in something to make it look like it was made in the 30s or 40s, just wondered if it would go over?

Does anyone just cut them in rough blocks and sell as chunk soap like in the olden days when they just made chunks? Thought of packaging it in something to make it look like it was made in the 30s or 40s, just wondered if it would go over?

I was thinking the same thing when I first started but unfortunately my views changed after packaging and pricing came into play.

Have you ever been to a LUSH store? This is exactly the way they market their soaps...in chunks. They weigh their soaps and package it like at a meat counter...pretty neat.

SP

I was thinking the same thing when I first started but unfortunately my views changed after packaging and pricing came into play.

Have you ever been to a LUSH store? This is exactly the way they market their soaps...in chunks. They weigh their soaps and package it like at a meat counter...pretty neat.

SP

I have some bars that I pour into molds... I have done the slabs of soap this year for market. Everyone comments on how appealing that it is. They say that they were not really shopping for soap but end up buying because it pulls them in.

I personally think that it is fun but like SP said if you are selling wholesale or not selling it personally then wrapping could be a challenge that is why I do both.

HTH.