Storing wax leftovers.

I'm aware of the use of polypropylene bags for storing candles as they don't leech out the scent but I'm wondering if I can just use plastic for unscented leftovers. I intend playing around with colour and making lots of coloured wax chunks for future use and it would be easier to just store them in plastic as I've got lots of that. Any thoughts please? BTW, I will be using UV to help prevent fading.TIA.

To store leftover wax--including scented--I use the food storage containers. I just use the store brand, just make sure if you are storing scented wax, that they have the #5 on the bottom.

And yes, the UV inhibitor will prevent fading

Thanks, NancyJo, I'll check out the stores tomorrow although I'm not sure that we have the same numbering system that you do. We tend to be a little laxer about things like that over here but fingers crossed.

Mozzie, in my research I haven't found any reason you can't store unscented wax in whatever container you have available. The important issues I found were keeping it clean and maintaining temp & humidity control. Know you are going into winter so heat and humidity probably aren't an issue for you now. For scented wax I use the plastic containers with the 5 on the bottom.

Hi, just letting you know that I've found a local supplier and got a great price on some pp containers with a "5" on the bottom. They also have lots of other great packaging supplies so I'm thrilled to bits. Thanks for your very helpful advice.