Time to test burn, confirming some things...

Ok, I have read a gazillion threads on wax, wicks and testing. I bought a bunch of wicks to test, different types and sizes and poured a BUNCH of candles, each with different wicks but same wax and jars (250 ml, straight sided, round . I am trying three different fragrance oils. I have recorded wax, wick, oil, dye, suppliers, temperatures (fo and dye added, and pour temp) and cooling method (counter top or warm oven), as well as initial candle appearance. Some jars I heated, some I didn't and I recorded this as well. I have let the soy jars cure for 5 days and the paraffin votives are ready to go in proper holders.

I have read and want to confirm what I am looking for in the burn test. My jars have a 2.5 inch diameter, so I understand that they should reach full melt pool in about 2 and a half hours. I want the jar candle to burn to the edges with no hang up and I should look for mushrooming on the wick and watch the flame height. Anything I missed?

Now for hot throw (all the candles have excellent cold throw). How big of a room is it reasonable to expect a votive to scent? A 250 ml jelly jar? How long before I should be able to smell it several feet away?

That's it, just wanted to be sure I didn't burn all these testers and miss something important. I will post pics of the burns, I love seeing other people's results. Thanks for any input!

For my note-taking, I take note of melt pool depth at shallow part (my wicks curl), deepest part, presence or absence of mushrooms, glass heat, flame height and throw. I also put the date the candle is made and the date of the test burn so I see how long the candle has cured.

And yes, with your 2 1/2-inch diameter jar, you should have a full melt pool at 2 1/2 hours, 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep. I like to keep my melt pools below 3/8 inch though and a little hang up on the first burn is ok with me.