would this jar be safe?

I'm doing a basket for a lady and she's giving it to her mom but she wants a different dish i put on the warmer to melt tarts in, rather than the clear pryex dish i usually use. its a cute dish i found at dollar store about the size of a ramekin, its 2 "high and 3 1/2 inches wide. has a pretty lid with it, it is glazed inside and out. would be pretty on a warmer if i knew it was safe,what does anyone think :rolleyes2

post-257-139458399808_thumb.jpg

That is a cute little container! Esp. the lid. Would look nice on a bureau.

Getting to your question... IMO, with all the testing & anything I may one day sell, my initial question to myself is: Is it reasonably safe? And, can I back that up with a logical argument? Meaning, would I feel fine chatting (or selling it) to my (future) insurance person or attorney (about it)?

If the container isn't feasible with constant heat and broke on a warmer, it may just spill wax. But, would that be good for your reputation? This is just my thoughts, but you gotta CYA!

Hope it has a little green vine on bottom and like a rope, its suppose to look like a hat box, i just didn't get picture of side. thank you for replying, think i put it on my burner and let it set for a couple of days and see what happens, because i don't want it to break and spill wax, even if i think its safe, and i know the dish i use now or the ramekins that some use also could do same thing, i will just feel better about it, if i let it go for a few days on my own warmer , then if it does ok, buy a new one for her.

I don't see why it wouldn't work. They sell ceramic electric tart burners all over the place. I've got one myself from BCN and have never had a problem with it. My ceramic burner is a 14 or 15 watt, if yours is around that wattage then I think it would be ok.

Fern thats why i bought it, to me its looks even thicker than the glass on the tea light burner i have in bedroom, and as thick as the glass is on the dish i use now, if it didn't have just a tad of ridge on top to hold lid it would be just like the ramekin dish that walmart used to have. its not thin porcelain. anyway i'm testing one on my burner now in livingroom which is a coffee mug warmer that is hotter than the candle warmer. its 22 watts. so far its not no hotter than the dish i use, if anything , don't feel as hot, i picked it up carefully awhile ago without burning fingers . if it keeps doing well i'll pick up a couple more at dollar store tomorrow. i've had others say they like a prettier dish on warmer and dollar store had different colors of these. and they fit perfect on the walmart warmers. not to small where there is a lot of burner not covered nor is it completly covered with dish. Thanks all

The way I look at it with mine is ....can I bake in it? Bake safe =warmer safe for me only.... if it isn't tempered glass or a heat safe ceramic like a mug then I wont use it for melts.... but that is really a cute container though, I can see why you would want to put it in the basket:wink2: