Looking for local NH supplier

tammy

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of a wax supplier in northern NH. I don't mind ordering FO's and molds online, but wax is heavy and very expensive to ship. The last time I had a 10lb slab shipped to me it cost me $23 in shipping. This seems crazy to me considering the wax itself only cost $7.

Tammy, don't think there's any suppliers in NH, in fact, not many suppliers of anything up here, lol.

Here's a link to a wax supplier in VT, down in White River Junction, which should be close enough for you to pick up. They carry EcoSoya and Beeswax and some natural wicking and EO's, not sure what type of wax you're looking for.

Did you buy that slab from someone in the region? I don't even pay that much for a case.

http://www.vermontsoywax.com/vermontsoywax/products.html

Thank you Beth. I actually live in VT, about 2 1/2 hours from White River Junction. I have never used soy before, but I think I will make the switch to save myself the shipping charges. I purchased my last wax on ebay. It was listed as 130mp. That was all the information that was given and $7 sounded great. I should have looked at the shipping calculator before I purchased. It was there, it is my fault for not looking. Are there a lot of diffences between soy and paraffin? Can you use the same FO's?

Yes, there are a lot of differences between soy & paraffin. There are pro's and con's to both, neither is best. There are also blends that are great as well. Only you can decide which one would be best suited for your purpose. I wouldn't necessarily choose to go with soy just becasue you can pick it up all though there's certainly nothing wrong with that.

There are several suppliers in the Northeast that you can get wax from at good prices (all types of wax) and shipping will be much less than what you pay on e-bay. When you have the capabilities to buy several cases at a time, the discoutn is even greater. However, if you decide you like the EcoSoa and can pick it up, it's cetainly the most cost effective way to go.

You sound like you're new to the game, I would suggest you do some research. Read the tips for newbies and FAQ's on the CT main boards, Google for some other boards as well and read about waxes and their properties. Then I suggest buying some sample slabs from a reputable supplier and test them out. Then you can make an educated choice about what you want to use :) HTH.