? about rebatching and curing

Meridith

I know there are those that believe if you cpop you can use the soap right away. While I myself will use my soap right away, I still let it cure for those soaps that are to be given away or sold. I think it gets better with age and would rather be safe than sorry. I've only done 2 practice batches with HP but don't generally do this method. It is my understanding that HP soap can be used right away. Please correct me if I am wrong about that and if HP soap does need to be cured too.

My question is this: If you cp or cpop a batch and then rebatch it right away, what does the rebatching do for the cure time? Does it then become like HP soap and not need any curing time (if my understanding of HP is correct). Does it in any way shorten the cure time? TIA. :smiley2:

I've only done 2 practice batches with HP but don't generally do this method. It is my understanding that HP soap can be used right away. Please correct me if I am wrong about that and if HP soap does need to be cured too.

If you did your HP correctly, you can use it right away, but I wouldn't sell it right away. Generally, IME, it's still pretty soft for a few weeks. The softer the bar is, the faster it gets used up. Give it a few weeks to 2 months and let it harden really good.

My question is this: If you cp or cpop a batch and then rebatch it right away, what does the rebatching do for the cure time?

After rebatching, you have essentially the same end result as HP, so your cure time is shorter, but that also depends on how much liquid you add to the rebatch. If you add too much, that in itself may lengthen your cure time, because you do not want to sell a bar of soap to the customer that is safe to use but will be gone in 7 showers.

IMO, I also find that too soft of a bar inhibits the lather.

Play around and do some experimenting and see what you find out for yourself. You can rebatch 1 pound at a time and if you screw it up, your not out that much money, but the knowledge you gain is priceless.