New to Soy wax

Hello to all,it's been a while.

I am not new to candle making, how ever I am new at soy candles.

I need to know what are the best waxes.

I make container, pillar and votive.

I would like to be able to do everything with soy that I could do with paraffin.

Can you help Please!

Thanks

Opie

I use Eco Soya advanced for my containers. And ecosoya votive blend for votives, melts and tarts. The eco pillar blend needs a little beeswax to help with the cracking issue, but I use regular paraffin for my pillars since with soy you cant make certain things like chunkies and mottles and stuff like that.

Welcome to the board. Wax as you know is a personal preference. There are many good soy waxes out there. My preference for straight soy is the 415 soy, which is also sold as EZ Soy, KY Puresoy as well as others. I add a little beeswax to mine to get a nice candle. KY also carries a wonderful votive/pillar blend that makes nice votives and pillars. Just a note, you are never going to get the same kind of pillars from soy as you are from paraffin. Because it is a softer, and very opaque wax, you are not going to get a mottled or a rustic candle from it.