Bubbles on CP Soap

Shala

I made a batch of soap about three hours ago. It has been insulated with towels ever since and when I just checked on it there are bubbles on the top like oil is collecting or something. It traced fine and got into the mold fine. Its still pretty warm. Should I take off the towels, leave them on or what? TIA-Shala

Does it look kind of transluscent? If it does, it is gelling. Do you have it covered with saran wrap? When my saran wrap touches the soap, I get bubbles. I try not to let it touch because I don't like that.

I'm sure your soap will be O.K. I always peek and I've seen my soap look pretty funky and it still ends up, no matter what it looks like, working nicely. Plus, if its really bad, you can always rebatch.

Shala, I was just reading on another board about a soap that got too hot and had bubbles. It turned out very crumbly. :sad2: I've never experienced that since mine has always been caused by the saran wrap. Don't give up yet. I just wanted you to know that I just read another cause for bubbles. I'm still learning too. I don't think it ever stops. Good luck. Keep us posted. I like to hear about others experiences and hopefully learn something in the process. :grin2:

Shala, please know I wasn't saying that your soap will turn out bad. I just wanted to let you know I read about another reason for bubbles that I didn't know about. If you covered your soap with saran wrap and it touched the soap, that would be my guess for the bubbles since that has been my experience as to what has caused bubbles on my soap. I'm still hopeful your soap is going to turn out. :smiley2:

Oh I knew what you were saying and I'm glad that you told me. I can watch closer next time and stop that from happening. I unmolded it this morning and it looks ok. Its still a little soft but it is heavy on liquid oils so I'm going to let it sit for awhile before I cut it. I'm hoping that it will turn out fine. Keeping my fingers crossed!:grin2: