What scale?

I am in need of a new scale - mine is getting really old and I would like to get a new one.

I want to get one that does the .01 oz measurment increment as the one I have now only goes to .1 and I can't tell the difference between .13 and .17 oz (example only).

I have looked at OldWillKnot and there seem to be a good varity of different ones - different price range also. I am looking in the $50 +- range but will go a little higher if needed.

Thanks so much:cheesy2:

I have the MyWeigh i500 from OldWill....love it!! It does the fine measurement you mentioned (.XX5oz/.Xg) and I could never go without it. Like you pointed out, there's a BIG difference between .13 and .17...so this works great for making small batches of anything. Think it was around $79. It has a smaller overall capacity (only 17oz. I think) but I only use it for additives, oils and such. I just use a cheaper large capacity scale for weighing wax and other heavier stuff.

You won't regret spending the extra $$ for the finer measurements. HTH.

Beth thank you so much - that is exactly the kind of information I was/am looking for!

I need the smaller measurements for testing of FO's and have resorted to using ML (which is liquid) as it is the closest thing I can get to what I need. The MMS fragrance calculator converts the oz to ML or tea/tablespoon - and this ends up being "closer" than trying to measure Oz (weight) with the scale I have now.

Thanks again - I will go and look that model up now.

Pam, have you tried using grams instead of ounces? There are 28 grams per ounce. Assuming of course that your current scale measures in grams as well as ounces. Anyway it would be cheaper than a new scale.

JimC - thanks for the reply - I have NOT done the Grams - I took some time searching for a good calculator - after reading your response - to see if I could easily convert my recipes to grams.

I will test this - but it is a great suggestion and I feel like "duh" for not thinking of it myself:shocked2: