How do you price your lotion??

I'm just about ready to get started....my base will be here Monday

:yay:

I'm mainly going to concentrate on 1 oz bottles.....people around here go for the small stuff, and I thought it would be good, 'cause you can carry it in your purse.

I also have some 4 oz Malibu's that I got off the classifieds here ( TY "ROSE").

How do you determine what price you are going to ask??

TIA for any suggestions :D

When establishing your price, I think it's also a good thing to consider if you think you will ever consider running a sale on your lotions.

I figure the cost of my lotion base per oz., fragrance per oz, label per unit, add a few cents in for dyes, and then add the cost of the container. (Don't forget to further break down the cost of your fragrance, since you will be bottling in 1 oz containers, you won't be using a full oz of FO, so if you calculate a full oz, you will be getting an inflated cost.)

You should keep in mind when structuring your prices that people will compare the value of a 4 oz bottle to your 1 oz bottle. You could price them at the same rate, or your could make the 1 oz "trial size" a little bit more expensive. For example, if you sell your 4 oz bottles for $5 ea, that would average $1.25 per oz. You could sell your 1 oz bottles for that much, or you might price them at $1.50 ea, or 3 for $4.

this place is great :whoohoo:I just have to thank you all so much, for all the help and support that I have received thus far.

I'm still thinking about making my own lotion, but thought for starters, it would be better to start w/a nice base.

I don't have another show to do until the end of July :cry2:, so I have time to play. Now if I can figure out how to move my "overstock" of candles...........