Mailing FO's...

I don't know where else to put this, so if it should be somewhere else, i apologize to whomever has to move it!:tiptoe:

Can you guys tell me how SAFE it actually is to mail (ex. USPS Priority) bottles of FO?

i know folks do it, heck, suppliers do it too, I see in some of the swaps that flat rate boxes are used, so folks ARE doing it, right? But, is it neccessarily safe?:shocked2:

If any of you think not, what are you fav (and cheapest) ways to send this stuff to people?

And in case anyone chooses 'not' to read the above link, please think about it again and do read.....the manner in which fo's are shipped depends upon the flash point - not the cost....Sounds to me as if lots of folks here have no idea why the flash point is important or even what it means. Think maybe you all ought to do some searching for appropriate information.

Please do read the above cited link as it makes the why very clear!

(BTW Sharon - great question - makes us realize how little sometimes we think we know! At least you were smart enough to realize there is a reason...and then to ask instead of 'assuming')

Thanks so much for the post Gerrie. This is exactly the info I was trying to find last week. Asked some ?? at the post office and she really didn't know. I knew flashpoint had to come into it somewhere but didn't know the particulars. The post mistress did tell me you can't ship perfume, hairspray, mouthwash etc. I'm assuming alcohol content but am not sure.

Glo

Thanks so much for the post Gerrie. This is exactly the info I was trying to find last week. Asked some ?? at the post office and she really didn't know. I knew flashpoint had to come into it somewhere but didn't know the particulars. The post mistress did tell me you can't ship perfume, hairspray, mouthwash etc. I'm assuming alcohol content but am not sure.

Glo

You're welcome!! But it really is dusturbing to know that the people at the post office who are supposed to be the ones to inform us on what and how we ship items doesn't know the answers, that is scary. :shocked2: