? for all you Multi-base users

iammommytwo

I don't use "multi base" per se, but I use lotion base, which is essential ly the same thing. Fortunately, no one has asked me what ingredients are for, but they do ask what's in it. Of course, I don't divulge stuff like stearic acid, methyl/propyl parabens, etc., because all of that stuff is on the label anyway. I tell them stuff that is all hyped up--honey, shea butter, goat's milk extract, etc.

I have done some research on the other components though, because I know at some point someone will ask. I want to be able to tell them what the ingredients do. You should be prepared to identify the preservatives, thickeners, emollients, etc. in your base.

There are a lot of tongue twister ingredients in some bases, so it might make it easy on you to prepare a printed list of ingredients and what they do that you could hand to a customer if they should inquire.

If you're going to be selling products or even just giving them away, you really should educate yourself on what's in them.

For one thing, why be using something that YOU don't even know about, let alone giving/selling it to someone who will want to know what's in it, and why.

JMHO