soaping ebsite?

dragontears

The link I gave you was for CP (cold process) and HP (hot process) soap. The hard oils are solid at room temperature. You can melt them in the micro, in a crockpot or double boiler, or even on very low direct heat.

MP soap base is sold in blocks and generally gets melted in the micro.

e

Actually, millersoap.com is Kathy Miller's site, not SCMs ;) But that site and the book E mentioned are the standards for learning.

Google for "soaping forums", there are a bunch of them out there - Soapdish, The Whisk, Soapers Asylum, Rational, Latherings... too many to remember :). Lots of different vendors have information here and there as well.

Other good information sites are:

http://teachsoap.com

http://soapnuts.com

The first link that Robin gave (teachsoap.com) has info./instructions for making different types of soap. :)

If your sister wants to start with Melt and Pour soap (you just melt the blocks, add your scent and color and whatever else you want), they have some real basic instructions on that site, plus some really great "recipes" also.

This is the site I have been using in preparation for doing M&P.

Tell your sister to hoof it over here though, she'll get tons of help and info. :D

I see my sis has been chattin abt me behind my back again...lol...but now iam hooked cant believe all the help people give here. It has been a real help to me already. And since iam a bord stay at home mom i have found something to do in my spare time...lol I do wonder if making a wax melter would work for the soaps as well, any feed back ???

Now to get started...

I do wonder if making a wax melter would work for the soaps as well, any feed back ???

Now to get started...

Can't think of a use for presto with soap. Stainless bowl or pot, glass bowl for CP, crockpot for HP or stainless pots in the oven..... That's about it. Anything pot/bowl you use for soap, including the crockpot, can be washed (it is SOAP, after all) and safely used for food.

Not so with the wax stuff. I save the presto and special cookie sheets etc just for wax.

e