Proper way to test tea lites?

Hi all,

I was wondering the best way to test tea lite candles? Do you let burn 1 hr. let completely cool, relight and continue till burnt down? Do you just let them burn without relighting? I know that I am just lighting and allowing to burn down right now with some of these as I know not everyone will use proper caution and trim wicks and such. I want to make sure that I am testing these properly! The ones that I am testing now are in plastic tea lite holders and will be placed in the carved candles. Not sure if that will make a difference on testing but I want to make sure that they wont melt through nor make the carved candles too hot. Any adivse is welcome! Thanks all!!

God Bless,

Lynn

I think the only neccessary thing to test for with tea-lights, is scent throw, and fire bombs. I always burn mine straight through too. As does everyone else I know!!

I agree with Tess.

Since I once had a fire bomb, I burn them all the way through and only on my stove top.

Thank you all for your replies! I didnt imagine it would be as simple as just burning straight through! LOL I just wanted to make sure that these were tested correctly!!!

You all are great!! I appreciate you!!

God Bless,

Lynn

I haven't made tealights yet, but what do you mean by fire bomb?? Meaning the whole surface just lit up??

Yep, had it over wicked cause it was a stubborn FO, put it on my bathroom vanity, and I looked in on it and the whole thing was on fire, including the plastic tealight cup. Learned not to over wick, and to test burn on my stove top. Now have a scorched vanity top :(

I've been making tealight for almost 6 years, I make a lot of them, but this was a first, it was also the first time I put such a large wick in (and the last), so this was 100% my fault, a real stupid move on my part.