Question on melt pool and wicks

Hope someone can help. I am testing an 8 oz jelly jar right now with an Eco-4 in the GL 70/30 blend and 1.25 per pound of Green Tea & Cucumber, shavings off a green dye block. I have burned this one for 4 burns so far. 1st burn, 4 hours-slight hangup, 2nd burn 3 hours--very, very slight hangup, 3rd and 4th burns---4 hours and took about 3-1/2 hours to reach full melt pool. This is giving a strong throw too, even before it gets a full melt pool. My dilemma, the flame seems very large, the jar is not getting hot though, just warm but my melt pool is about 1 inch deep right by the wick, but is showing barely an 1/8th inch melt pool on the side of the jar. Do you think that the wick might be too big??? Or is the melt pool suppose to be real deep right by the wick. I am so confused. I don’t feel I need a bigger wick to reach a full melt pool faster. I am leaning towards the fact that the wick is too big though I am not an expert. (I am having deep pools by the wick on some of my 3 inch containers too with the Eco-10 although they do burn all the way down the jar and use the wax up yet the melt pool is really deep by the wick and then barely showing 1/8th of an inch on the outside of the jar, still flame gets big after about 2-1/2 to three hours of burn time and it has not happened to me with just this wax, it has happened like this with other waxes too. I am thinking it is more a wicking issue just trying to get the wicks right) Thanks in advance for any help from anybody that reads this post. I would post pics but I am at work right now. I am definitely going to try a smaller wick just to see but wanted some opinions too.