Release Powder... Not at Candlewic...

Well, I'm not proud to say it, but even at the scale that I make candles I still buy a few additives from Binder (Candlewic) -- one of the last things I still buy (bought) was their release powder... they no longer carry it. Anyone have any ideas (aluminum pillar molds is the application)... I HATE the spray... I'm guessing that somebody, somewhere still has it.

Old school I used st. acid but now I'm in love with the release powder and I don't want to go back...

What do you think?

Well, I'm not really an "expert", but I've never really had a problem with any of my candles coming out of the aluminum molds - even unscented. In the beginning, I would be in too much of a hurry to see how they turned out, and it was always a struggle. Now I wait until the mold is really cool - and I mean cool, before I will even attempt to unmold. As soon as I turn it over, the candle slides right out.

Could be I'm missing something here, and that there are a lot more variables as to what wax you use, or additives. Maybe someone who is a little more knowledgeable will give some advice.