Pouring Pitcher/Pot??

Hello, I am new to candle making. VERY new. :)

I was wondering what you all use as your pouring pitcher?? I will be using a Presto Pot, and I would like to mix my scent and dye out of the pot.

Also, how much time do I have after I pour the wax into the pouring pitcher?? Do I need to do the mixing fairly quickly as not to let the wax harden in the pitcher??

Also, I plan on using glue dots. Do you insert the wick before or after you heat the jar?? I would think before, so you don't get burnt. But, like I said, I am very new!!

Thank you to anyone who is reading this and plans to respond! I appreciate it!

-Amanda

Welcome....

Pouring Pot - If I am just pouring a few candles I use pyrex measuring cups...(keep them in the oven at warm) - mix my color and fo in the measuring cup...

Depending upon what type of wax you use, there is a recommended temp to heat to, then add color and fo, pour wax into container/mold. Use your manufacturer recommendation then adjust according to your tastes....

I use sticky dots.....put them in my container after heating.....

Once you give it a try, you'll figure out the way the works best for you!

Debbie

i sometimes use a presto pot for melting wax also , Wal Mart has an 8 cup stainless measuring pot that i use to dip wax out and into a larger pouring pot for mixing scent and color , then if my wax cools too much , too soon i have a griddle warm (150*) for warming jars , just sit your pouring pot on there to reheat your wax

Hi,,I have my Presto Pot made with the spigots as it is a lot less messy this way BUT I use the Pyrex measuring cups to put my FO, Color.

I also have a metal 4 lb pouring pot,,,It depends on what you are mixing,,But if doing a container I heat my wax to 180 then put into my pour pot,, then my color,,and then my FO,,dont stir to quick or you will have a lot of bubbles,,By the time I do this I can pour @ 160 - 165.

I would put the glue dots on before heating your jars.

For my wicks I use GE Silicone II for Windows and doors,,,wait about 10 minutes and then heat my jars in the oven. Works great. HTH:D