Thermometers

I know there were recent threads about thermometers. I had gotten mine a yr ago. Finally decided to bite the bullet and buy another one so I wouldn't have to carry it back and forth between the house and cottage. Went to Target and was able to buy the exact same model. It is a TruTemp by Taylor digital cooking thermometer and timer with alarm. Cost was $16.99. Operates on a battery. I haven't had to replace the battery yet on my yr old one. Has an on/off switch. I set it for the temp I want. Put the probe in my presto and forget about it until it starts beeping. Of course you would have to keep a closer eye on a double boiler. The cord for the probe is long enough I can put the unit on my oven hood and the probe reaches the presto or double boiler with no problem. As Martha would say "It's a good thing." Just an FYI

I have the TruTemp, and it's been going strong for well over a year now. I went through so many candy type thermometers so I was a little leery when I first bought the TruTemp because I am a klutz, and I worried it would be a goner after the first mishap. It's been dropped many times since then with no problems! The long probe is perfect for the pour-pot, presto and double boiler.

I test it periodically, and it's till as accurate as it was the day I bought it. I give this one a definite thumbs up!!