Lantern jars

Brandyanne

I have also seen the apothecary jars with the metal handled lids called lantern jars..

Like these I know when I first started out(4+years ago) I bought a kit from a supplier they called these lantern jars here is pic from there site

SOYKIT6-1.jpg

Sounds to me like you're looking for the jars that I have. I even have a few here.

I purchase the rusty lids from Factory Direct Craft. The jars I pick up at Menard's. I know our hOme Depot doesn't have them. But you'll want to check out your local hardware stores, etc. Lighting stores have them too. They're replacement covers to

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(u22khca4sjsql1m4r10fpu3f)/ProductDetails.aspx?SKU=3060571&Source=froogle

You can buy them here

http://www.azpartsmaster.com/shopazp/Fixture%20Glass%20-%20Light.html Make sure to look at the volume discounts so they're not so scary. Hope that's what you're looking for!

PM me if you're interested in a couple to start with. I have black & rusty lids too.

lindsay, does factory direct craft give volume discounts on their lids, cuz after looking at their site, it looks like the "rusty" lids with handle or rings are around 1.50-1.75 EACH, plus the price of the jar, isn't that quite spendy?

I kind of like those latern replacement jars you're using, different for sure. ;)

Hey again Lindsay, do you have any pics. of your candles made with these jars and lids? I'd love to see them. I've never seen anyone use them. :)

I'm really curious if this is what the original poster is looking for. ??? ;)

If you can would you post a pic. of some?? please!!!!! :D