Getting fed up!

I am so frustrated.

I have tried almost every wick on these 16oz melting pot jars. I am scenting 1oz per pound. Most people have recommend double wicking with HTP 83's and that doesn't burn hot enough. I have tried doubleing 104's and 105's still not the same. I still have an overhang 126's double are too hot.

I tried a little of the cotton wicks. I went all out and used a 62C series. Of course there was a 1 1/2 inch melt pool. I am wondering how a 60 would work. I am not having good luck with the HTP's. I do use the cottons for my aromatherapy candle and my votives. I just never had to double wick with those.

Any imput out there?

How close is the double HTP105 coming? How many burns are you giving the wicks before you switch to a bigger size?

Edited to Add: The HTP126 according to the maker is a hotter burning wick than the 1312. So the next size up after the 105, would be to try double the 1212, but that is a scarey thought. :shocked2: Hard to imagine that the 105's can't cut it.

I have tried putting them 1 inch apart. These jars are kind of thin, so the flames heat up the rims too hot. I will burn it for two - 3 hours because it takes it that long to make a melt pool.

Honestly the hype about 126's burning hotter than 1312. Well, not in my case. I just tried one yesterday. As opposed to the 1312's. Both with the same exact wax formulation etc. The 126 didn't even make it to the perimeter. The melt pool looks smallerthan than the 1312's. I did a double 1212 a while back. Major flame size, Major mushrooming and made the jars so hot I couldn't even touch the sides. I think maybe I will try the 105's again.

And 60C series in cottons.

Actually that is a 4" jar if I am not mistaken. If it is, I would give it a broader burn time, anywhere from 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours to get a good meltpool in it. Standard rule of thumb is 1 inch per hour, give or take. LOL! Notice that I said the maker of the wicks says they are hotter. It has always been my experience that they burn less hot than the 1212's as well. You need to go with the smallest wicks possible to get your desired melt pool, especially if it is a thin jar. I would definately try the 105's again and let them burn a little longer each burn and see what happens. Good luck and keep us posted. :D

I am so frustrated.

I have tried almost every wick on these 16oz melting pot jars. I am scenting 1oz per pound. Most people have recommend double wicking with HTP 83's and that doesn't burn hot enough. I have tried doubleing 104's and 105's still not the same. I still have an overhang 126's double are too hot.

I tried a little of the cotton wicks. I went all out and used a 62C series. Of course there was a 1 1/2 inch melt pool. I am wondering how a 60 would work. I am not having good luck with the HTP's. I do use the cottons for my aromatherapy candle and my votives. I just never had to double wick with those.

Any imput out there?

Hi Stacie,

I have one of the 16 oz. Melting Pot Jars that I've recently been testing with. Whatever soy wax I have tested (Millenium, Eco Pure, Eco Advanced) I have incorporated the HTP126 (single wick) into the jar. It will take around 3 hours for the pool to hit the sides of the jar but it does burn really well with that wick. Patience is the KEY. Just tell your customers that they have to burn for a minimum of 3 hours to get a proper melt pool across the jar to eliminate funneling.. By only using 1 wick, you will get a longer burn on this jar.

Okay,

I did the 126's and honestly I burned that thing for hours and it still didn't hit the sides. My 1312 will at least come closer. I know everyone is different with those. I did try playing around and tried double wicking with a 51-32-18C. It burned to hot about a 3/4-1 inch melt pool. It mushroomed a little too much too. But it hit the sides in a bout one hour. I am going to try double wicking with the 44-28-18c. I bet it won't work but I am a woman on a mission until I get more HTP's.

I am currently playing around with a Root candle the small I think its a ten ounce. I cant tip it over to look because it is lit. I was curious about the melt pool. But because of the graduated rim. The first time I lit it it had a great melt pool. Now that it is below the rim it is not hitting the sides. And here I am obsessing. A big company candle like Root cant even wick their candles appropriately.