Need a hand holder

I wish I could help....but I was just working on some trial and error batches myself. I was trying elles recipe under the Elizabeth's bath bombs posting.

I started there....staying away from corn starch & epsom salts. They worked! They weren't hard hard hard, but they didn't fall or wart. But they did crumble. So then I worked on trying with alcohol. That worked even better. They were heavier & packed like a dream. I tried the oven method & they fell & warted.

So one more batch I tried... I spritzed with witch hazel before I packed each time.

So far that batch is the best. Still doesn't compare at all to In Kristine's Shower's balls. Hers seriously pack a punch.

I'm by far no "expert" on these. What kind of mold are you going to use? Do you have a particular recipe your gonna use? I posted how I did mine under my thread "My Big Bath Bombs" for Maryann. You might want to check it out and if you had any questions, I'll try to answer them. Good luck, I know they can be frustrating. Also, Elizabeth was very helpful and encouraging to me. She's had great success with hers and was able to answer some questions for me.

the one I used was roughly

1cup baking soda

1/2 cup epson salt

1/2 cup cornstarch

1/2 cup citric acid

1tbs melted shea

1 1/2 tbs oil

1/2 tbs fragrance

3tps water

colorant

the recipie called for wilton food coloring but that didn't work with out the water and I stated omiting the water so I was using Oxides for color. the biggest problem I had was they marshmellowed on me after a few hours.I have both the ornaments and a meat baller .... I am interested in the alchohol method. I live in AZ so we don't have too much humidity.

I have better luck when I can dry mine near an air conditioner. Even if it's not humid. Right now, it's cold and bone dry and last weekends batch marshmallowed on me. I'm going to try the warm oven this weekend...I'll let you know.

I've been making these and haven't had any problems. I was worried too cuz you always read about the hard times others have making them. I found them to be so fun, fast and easy to make. Here's my basic recipe:

1 cup baking soda

1/2 cup citric acid

1/2 cup corn starch

1/3 cup epsom salt

1/4 cup dried milk

2TBS of whatever liquid oil ( I like OO or SAO)

and 1/2 oz. of a hard butter (shea, sal, mango)

witch hazel and needed.

Just put the witch hazel in a spray bottle and spritz your mixture. I've read about using straight witch hazel as well as mixing with equal parts water. You want to make sure to stir fast when added the oils and when spritzing so as not to get the citric acid and baking soda to fizzing. For me, I was surprised at how dry the mixture was and yet it stayed together. I thought my mixture would have to be wetter. I use a large meatballer to make mine. Good luck. :)