container candles smoking at first

I have found a good wick for both harmony and J223, but what I have found is when the wick is large enough for a 3 1/2" container, on burns past the first one the wick will smoke until the wax pool gets large, if I wick down, the wick isn't big enough to reach the edge, is this why people use 2 wicks on larger containers? I have tried LX, CD and Zinc and I find all do this.

I have found a good wick for both harmony and J223, but what I have found is when the wick is large enough for a 3 1/2" container, on burns past the first one the wick will smoke until the wax pool gets large, if I wick down, the wick isn't big enough to reach the edge, is this why people use 2 wicks on larger containers? I have tried LX, CD and Zinc and I find all do this.

We tried them with one wick and had no luck...we are now using two wicks, but some of the scents are leaving soot - while others are doing fine. Back to the drawing board for us!! LOL