Where to begin at soapmaking?

Hi all,

I am new to this board and have seen tons of neat stuff you guys create. I originally came on here looking for a line of candles to retail in my salon and now I have been inspired to try and make soap. It sounds like a lot of fun. So can you point me in the right direction of how to get started? Should I buy a book or something. This is all very foreign to me at this point.

Many thanks!!

Are you thinking about cold process or hot process soap, or are you thinking about melt & pour soap?

I would start by reading through the threads here: http://www.candletech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Another good source is www.millersoap.com there is a ton of information there.

Take notes as you are reading, print out what you feel is something you need to study more. Come back and ask your questions. I think there is so much information out on the internet that buying a book is an unnecessary expenditure. Your local library might have some to check out if you prefer to read up in a book.

But when you have specific questions and you can't find the answer, you can ask them here. Good luck.