Mush in the Middle of CP soap log...Why oh WHY??!!

michelleB

Normally when I spot a "glitch" in my poured soap, I can leave it alone for a couple of days and it stands a good chance of straightening itself out, but I think it's safe to say that THIS batch doesn't stand a chance of that. I'm gonna have to re-batch it, but Ida wanna!!! :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

[ATTACH]5204[/ATTACH]

I don't understand what did this. Any ideas? Not a new recipe, no new method of soapin...just my same ole standby that usually works out for me. Does it look like maybe it overheated? It's a milk soap and it did gel, but nothing out of the ordinary took place during that...far as I could see from the outside looking in. Could I maybe have not mixed it well enough? I'm a little clueless as to why this happened and want to be sure that if it's something I did or didn't do, I can watch out for it from now on.

Ah how this sucks. It was going to be such a nice soap. Scented Peaks White Tea & Ginger (smells fabbo!) and now I gotta do it over. It'll still be nice after I'm done with it, but I just HATE the thought of having to rebatch it. kwim? Anyway, thanks for letting me vent a tad bit, and any ideas/input about what went wrong are welcomed.

post-1817-13945839589_thumb.jpg

Thanks Malinda, for at least commiserating with me, lolol. Just goes to show ya that no matter how long you've been doing this...sh%@ still happens, rofl.

Cindy, yep I just zap tested it and it seems fine. Too fine actually, which is weird. It's only been a little over a day so I expected to maybe still get a little lye action going there, but it barely even tasted like "soap" and there was no zap at all. Thinking maybe that means I just licked plain oil that wasn't incorporated. Although I have no idea why it wouldn't be mixed well. I stick-blended til thick trace. And I mean *thick* trace, borderline soap-on-a-stick. I'm confuzzled by this. Looks like I just got visited by them dang soap fairies I guess. :undecided