Outlandishlady.. ? about NG base recipe

elleah

Hi, new posting here but have spent LOTS of time learning. I saw your post about adding shea butter to the NG multi-use cream base. I went to NG's site to order some and noticed they recommend only adding 2% extras. My question is: how do you know when you can add more stuff to the bases and when not. Do you just test and wait to see how long it lasts or just test to see if the emulsion holds together. Please help give me some direction. I'd like my stuff to have close to a years shelf life. Do you add more preservative?

Also, is your cream light and fluffy - I'm looking for a good base to be able to make a mousse or souffle type cream.

thanks

I add 1 oz of shea butter to 3 oz of base + water, dry flo, FO to make 8 oz product. So far I haven't had any problems with seperation or any ickys. If you want it really light be prepared to whip whip whip. Yep, I test. And test. Then test some more. I haven't added preservative as I'm using distilled water and butter. I have had some grainies due to shea quality but that's about it. HTH! Let me know if you have any other ??s :D

You are the woman!!

Thanks for your quick response. I'm going to order some and try it out. I've been having fun testing the different oils and butters and this base looks pretty forgiving. (great choice for a newbie, huh :D)