F.O storage/container

Hello candle world! I have been reading, researching, and making candles for only two months now. Mostly, things have gone well.

So far, I have ordered two small batches of FO (1 & 2oz. per FO, respectively). I've had them for about 1.5 months and one month. I have kept them in the HDPE bottles (has synthetic cap liner) in which I had recieved them.

They seem to be losing scent. They're not as strong as the first candles that I made with them. Although they are in the HDPE's, I keep them in an old (clean!) butter tub away from heat and light. The house stays between 68-75F. Also, I do wear a mask while candle cookin'.

Any suggestions anybody? Should I put them in amber glasses in a deep dark tunnel under where I live? Sorry... this is a little frustrating!

Any comments are appreciated!

Sorry! I found the 'Strictly Scents' posting area, with a similar question (shelf life). I'll slink quietly away now...

So much for a good first post! :wink2:

AWWW, don't "slink" away...it was a good question! I have not been making candles for very long and had wondered the same thing! ;)