help - scent fades fast in my lotion...

elleah

Hi all, new poster here. Found your board last night and was up til all hours reading all the great info.

I have been playing with fo in BCN lotion base. I am following their recommended fo amounts and the scent is wonderful when I first use the lotion but seems to fade pretty fast. Like within 15 - 30 minutes I can't really smell much on my hands anymore. Is this typical or do I need to add either more fo or something to make the scent linger. I'm used to putting tutti dolci on my hands and being able to smell it hours later.

thanks for any help you can give!

I have no clue about bases, I don't use one, & I don't know what oils are in your bases. Scent linger is dependant on so many things, even up to the individual wearing it. I never have a linger issue in homemade lotions, I don't know if its the particular oils I use or what. you may be just using a base that has a quick evaporation rate, or it could be your brand of FO...I wouldnt up the amount of FO too much, too much of it can cause irritation and even change the lotion base chemically and make it loose or separate.