Different ways to wholesale.

dynamike

What different ways do you guys wholesale? The girl that I was buying candles from just got a straight discount per candle after each tier was hit per order. That seems like simple but effective way to do it?

I have also seen some programs that were wholesale buy-ins with a certain minumin order. It seems like these might be better becuase most of these seemed to support there "reps" better than the discount per candle style.

From a candle owner point of view what systems are you providing and why?

Anyways I am just a little bored and thinking out loud. Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

Mike

I'm totally confused by what your trying to explain. A discount per candle? Do you mean a percentage? Each tier hit? Well I'll just explain how I handle those accounts. There's a minimum order of say a box of 24 votives packaged for individual sale. I'd charge $X.XX for the box of 24. The retailer then marks them up and takes their profit when they sell. Doing it this way not only gets my payment up front, but protects me from losses due to employee use, damage from customers, or theft. I've given some for the retailer to burn to help promote sales, but if they want more than that, it comes out of their profits instead of mine. Sometimes I'll restock a scent if it's the only one selling at the same price I get individually, plus a small delivery charge if I have to go out of my way to deliver. I've had them order another full box to avoid the delivery charge. I just cut back on the other scents and increase the one thats selling if the retailer wishes me too.