Soap Order for Survivor Finale party

fabulousfunfur

I got a soap order for a Survivor Finale Party.......Yes it's weeeeks away.

The lady who wants the soap said, "it kind of goes with the whole...haven't washed in 36 days" theme.

I was wondering:

1. What kind of soap to make

2. How to make a cool label.

I was thinking of making labels with paper that is tea-bagged and burnt at the edges kind of like a treasure map would look, then wrapped with raffia.

Any other ideas? Wording to put on the labels? Anything???

Ideas...

Wrap with twine or hemp instead of raffia to make a little more rustic, maybe with a twig or two.

Dip the exposed edges in something to make it look sandy or dirty (poppy seeds, finely ground oats).

Sounds like fun...I would love to see what you come up with!

This could be fun! The "rustic" element immediately comes to mind...hmmm...I like your "treasure map" label idea tied to the soap with hemp cord. As for the soap, I would make an exfoliating type bar, maybe with ground oats or rice bran, and a sea spray/ocean type fragrance. :wink2:

great ideas so far...I looked up some plants and so forth from the country for inspiration for an ingredient list and its pretty open for play...

plants of panama include:

Palm, Coconut, Mango, Papaya, Guava, Cilantro, Cocoa, Castor, Coffee,

Lillies (think Cala), Orchids, Bouganvillea, impatiens, vinca, hibiscus, poinsettia, amaryllis, pomarosa

many of this we already use for soapmaking!!!!

So keeping to a "strictly" panama" bar of soap would be easy.....maybe come up with a catchy poem on your tag to explain your ingredient list(kinda like their "tree mail")...(i love the idea of the antiquing and twine for your label)

maybe for your scent you could do a floral like the lily or orchid....use coffee grounds for exfoliation (i'd definitely want a good scrub after 36 days of filth!!!!!)

maybe you could make a presentation platter with "frond like" plant matter and tuck in an "impatien" bloom with each bar

Thankyou to everyone!

I definately will take your ideas into consideration.

Thankyou for the research on the plants etc. of Panama.

I think hemp string would be a great idea.

I do want to add hemp to the bar, so that would be great!

A few twigs added is a great idea too.

The idea of the tree mail is cool!

Thank you so much guys! :highfive: