Balmoral or ginger jar users

On testing a balmoral jar Im finding soot around the top of the jar. Other then that everything else with this candle & wick combo seems to be perfect. Im wondering if it the shape of the jar (fat middle tunneling to a smaller opening) that is creating this or if I should try a different wick. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to chase my tail if I don't have too :P

Im using a blended paraffin (CBL-125) w/ RRD wicks. It's a 23 oz balmoral w/ 1 50RRD. I have been burning it @ least 4 hours or more @ a time b/c it has such a large diameter in the middle. I think I will wipe of the soot though & try burning for shorter periods & see if that helps. Hopefully I won't get alot of hang up.

I got the same thing when I switched from a shorter, bigger opening jar to a taller jar that tapered as it went down, as do the Balmorals. My wick/wax was fine in the first jar and in the second I got soot. I seem to get it the further down it goes. To get the top [wider] to burn ok the wick is a tad bigger than the narrower part needs. I kinda have to wick for the middle, the top will leave some corners till the half way point, then burn fine the rest of the way down. Getting my wick trimmed short enough before I burn is a little harder as well in these taller jars. Plus, the flame gets down in the jar where there is less oxygen than it gets at the top. All these conditions are not the best conditions for burning clean. I've also noticed that the heavier oils are more prone to throw soot than the lighter ones. I do not believe that a candle exists that does not throw soot to some extent.. there is combustion and soot/smoke is a by-product. The best we can do is configure wax/wicks and containers to produce as little as possible and educate those that burn them to burn them properly.