Castile Soap

CranberryGirl

Take a deep water discount and you won't have to wait quite so long for a good cure. It will take a long time to cure, anyway. I have a love-hate relationship with castille. It's not very bubbly, and it can have a slimy feel to it (especially 100% olive), but it does wonders for the skin. When I do a "castille" for myself, I usually go 50% olive and 50% rbo. You'll get more bubbles that way. But heck, if you've never made a true castille, then I think you should go 100% olive just to see what it's like. Have fun!

Edited to add: Yeah, you spelled it right, lol!

Okay...sorry..I realize you said you wanted to do the 100%...didn't know you already had read about the 10% castor...just thought I'd mention it...since it mostly to help with bubbles.:)

I don't see why you couldn't add ground oats...but I've never done 100% olive...when I've done olive soap, I always added coconut or palm kernal at a small percentage just to get a harder bar and more bubbles..never added anything other additives.:)

Okay...sorry..I realize you said you wanted to do the 100%...didn't know you already had read about the 10% castor...just thought I'd mention it...since it mostly to help with bubbles.:)

I don't see why you couldn't add ground oats...but I've never done 100% olive...when I've done olive soap, I always added coconut or palm kernal at a small percentage just to get a harder bar and more bubbles..never added anything other additives.:)

I have read about the Castor But did not know about the bubbles with it! Thanks sooo much for that! Well I was just thinking where this is for yucky snake skin like mine. It might work great on my face..with oatmeal powder in it! I heard it takes along time to trace..is that so with the stick blender???

Also..what Coconut oil will make the bars a bit harder? is it noticeable?

hmmmm....Thanks for the help!

Tara

How long you leave it in the mold is going to depend on your water discount. I just looked back at my 50/50 recipe and it looks like I took a 25% discount. I think I left that one in the mold for about a day and a half. If you touch it and leave a dent, don't take it out yet, lol.

You can add anything you like to castile. I've even used goat's milk for the water, which makes a lovely bar.

You really don't need to add coconut oil to castile to make it hard. It will turn hard as a rock with a good cure and a water discount. Besides, you'll lose the benefit of the castile if you add coconut oil (it's a bit drying). JMHO

Yes, great for dry skin.:)

Either of the solid coconut oils (76 or 92) will give it a harder bar. But I only used at a very small percent 5 - 10 %.

Olive oil does take a bit longer to trace but with a stick blender it will go much faster.