Shelf Life

Okay quick question. I have a show coming up in December and I want to package up some milk bath and bath salts. Does anyone know what the shelf life would be on these. I was thinking I should wait until November, but if I can start earlier then I want to. TIA. :D

The shelf life of your end products (bath salts & milk baths in this case) will depend partially on the shelf life of the different ingredients you use.

For milk baths, I've made milk baths for personal use that smelled fine for months, but these were fairly basic milk baths. I've made others that had more goodies thrown in that smelled a little off to me after a month. So for shows, I make & package these the week of the show to ensure that they are as fresh as possible.

Bath salts - I don't know if these even have a shelf life if you don't add oils or other goodies to them :) The only problem I've ever had with bath salts is the fragrance used in them. I've got a few "tester" jars here that are well over a year old - some of them smell just as good as when they were first made - but a few don't smell so great (they stink!) - the fragrance mutated in them after sitting for too long.

Lisa