Label Design Help Wanted: Rough Draft Posted

Grumpy Girl

JEFF- I think that is a FANTASTIC IDEA!! That would be downright adorable- and I think the Ravie font looks the grumpiest IMO. :) Just something about the curly-q's that make me think fancy, and old time as opposed to grumpy. :D Also, I'm one for symmetry and the bottom of the label seems "off" to me. Are they all the same font size (the website, 8 oz. and address?) Maybe also, you can put your phone number or city, state on the warning label on the bottom of the jar instead of having them on top of each other...does that make sense? Ok, enough picking apart now! Nice job, girly!

Maybe also, you can put your phone number or city, state on the warning label on the bottom of the jar instead of having them on top of each other

I looked into Federal laws concerning labels and found out that the net weight and contact information has to be on the "primary label." Also, the net wt. needs to be a certain size depending on the size (or area) of the label. And, it needs to be separated by a certain distance from any other text depending on the size of the font required.

The FULL address is required if the company is not listed in a phone directory.

It's alot of boring legalese to read but here's the link:

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr;sid=ccf82b5f2a461d2b59ac31fef4a7b0f8;rgn=div5;view=text;node=16%3A1.0.1.5.56;idno=16;cc=ecfr#16:1.0.1.5.56.0.38.1