Help a J50 user with soy???? Please?

I started with soy a year ago and was able to make very decent, strong smelling candles. The soy gave my mil headaches so I switched to parrafin and have only dabbled here and there in soy since then.

I got the Pryme dyes in this weekend and wanted to play with soy again...and have been reading about adding beeswax to the soy to help smooth out the tops. So - I used EZ soy from BCN and added 2% beeswax and I still got the crumbly looking tops. I will of course do some more testing with different %s but from my research - this seemed to be the norm and people getting smooth tops....

Thanks for any help!

Jen

I use 3% BW in the GW415 from MC and I have to pour cloudy to slushy for smooth tops. How hot/cool do you pour? Sometimes if you pour too cool the tops can get a little bumpy looking but otherwise smooth. If yuo take temps it will be around 95*-100*. I'm not familiar with EZ soy but if you're pouring hot, you may try pouring a little cooler, or pour at same temp and increase BW to 3%. You can tell if you have too much BW if your candles start cracking. I'm sure other CTers who use EZ Soy will chime in.

HTH! geek :cool2: