Looking for some biz software

Tess

But not sure what I am looking for. I did a search on the old site and got website software. That is not what I need. I am looking for something that I can use at shows I guess like a point of sale thing, where I can use bar codes, but I also want it to track down an inventory, and do all that good stuff. Basically anything that will make my job easier. I would also need to link my merchant account to it if possible. Does anyone know if something like this exists? Thanks all!!

Guest EMercier

I too would like to know what I can use for craft shows. I mean I really don't write everything down unless someone asks for a receipt. I would normally take a few and inventory what I took and what I had left. Now, I'm only going to take like 10-15 scents and make multiples. I would like to import or enter the information into a database that can run a report. I said it before I might just open my book from class and make my own access database for my business and maybe sell it.

There is several ways to do it.

There is many different programs. Star Office Point of Sale is the cheapest waying in at 65. MS Office has POS software is about 200 and Quick books pro about 300 with addons

I use a simple data base.

As described in the accounting software one the key is to find out what you want and describe it. No one answered my questions in the accounting one so I will post it here. I need detailed information as to what you would like to see in a database. WHen done and done right it will be an all in one product.

I setup networks and Point of Sale pc's across the nation remotely and in person (providing they pay). I currently maintan 34 laptops running this config. And they are all different all a great asset to the user

But not sure what I am looking for. I did a search on the old site and got website software. That is not what I need. I am looking for something that I can use at shows I guess like a point of sale thing, where I can use bar codes, but I also want it to track down an inventory, and do all that good stuff. Basically anything that will make my job easier. I would also need to link my merchant account to it if possible. Does anyone know if something like this exists? Thanks all!!

Tess the merchant link I dont advise unless you own e commerce software.

Inventory describe how you want to track inventory.

Describe how you want your pos to look.

Describe how you want your raw materials tracked

Tess the merchant link I dont advise unless you own e commerce software.

Inventory describe how you want to track inventory.

Describe how you want your pos to look.

Describe how you want your raw materials tracked

Well Basically I will be getting a laptop from a friend. It is a dell a few years old, running on windows ME. I usually do outdoor craft shows and some indoors. electricity is no problem though.

Now, I want to be able to use this laptop with a POS. I want to use something that will help me check out customers more efficently. I am getting more and more customers, and sometime they have to wait will I check someone else out. I would like to just scan their items, tender their ticket, and hand them a reciept which will save me time.

I have trouble keeping up with inventory while I sell because I cannot write everything down since I usually have too many customers to stop and jot. I tried counting everything at the end of the day but that is hell especiall when I want to just go home after being sunbeat. So I want my POS to track inventory for me too.

Something with added bonus would be great, like taking coupons, possibly tracking cutomer info, so maybe I could do a buy 10 get one free thing eventually. And it would like to be able to run sales reports as well, so I can more efficently do my sales taxes and stuff like that. I do 2 diffrent sales tax zones so I would have to be able to change from rate to rate depending on which county I am in.

I looked up some and they started at over 1000 just for software. I dont really need anything fancy, and used is fine I would think. I found this on ebay, but it does not come with the scanner and stuff, I guess I have to buy that seperately. IT sounds like what I need I think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7171716152&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks!! I hope this can help ya help me lol!!:D