Credit Card Imprinters

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

Hmm, I checked them out. $44 bucks, does that include the sales slips and how long did it take for them to get that to you? I've seen some for $15 and the sales slips were $3. On Ebay, someone was doing something with the imprinter for like $5 or so. I don't remember. I was hoping that maybe Staples or an office supply place would at least have those. No suck luck.

Hmm, I checked them out. $44 bucks, does that include the sales slips and how long did it take for them to get that to you? I've seen some for $15 and the sales slips were $3. On Ebay, someone was doing something with the imprinter for like $5 or so. I don't remember. I was hoping that maybe Staples or an office supply place would at least have those. No suck luck.

I haven't seen them that cheap anywhere. How much was shipping on those?

Guest EMercier

Didn't check the shipping. I figured most didn't use those anymore, so they should be dirt cheap. I guess people still do. So, with the name plate, what do you actually put on there besides the name of your business?

Guest EMercier
Are you imprinting & then coming home to data enter into your computer the transaction?

I just set up with paypal...but to do CC, I need billing address & cvv codes too.

I do plan on imprinting and then coming home. I received a concensus from some that most use Propay. I did see what paypal has virtual terminal. I have to check both their rates. See which one is better. I already have paypal.

When I compared the rates, they actually were very close to the same when you figure them out. With propay you must not have to put through all the customers info?

I'm opening a shop & would prefer NOT to deal with purchasing the card swiper & phone set up at this place. I think I'd rather just have the business set up on a cell phone in the beginning.

Guest EMercier

With propay, they want:

• Credit Card Number
  • Card Expiration Date
  • Zip Code
  • Transaction Amount

I think I would get their name and address as well. But that would be cheaper becuase you pay annually. Paypal you pay monthly. Just thinking I could imprint the card and get their address as well as phone#, then go home and put it in the computer. I mean I could use my cell to get authorization, but if I have tons of customers, I don't want to miss a sale. Eventually, I will upgrade to a swipe machine.

I use paypal. It has been free since last June..but starting next month(well tomorrow) they start charging me $20. I make more than enough to justify it.

I love it because it goes directly to my paypal account which can be accessed immediately with my paypal debit card..no waiting..transferring ect.

With paypal you need

Name

Address with zip code

CVV code

It is super easy!

I bought my imprinter on ebay for a total of around $30 for machine, 200 slips and imprinter plate and MC/Visa signs shipping was about $7.50.

It works great and is light weight.

HTH

The imprinter I gave you the link for is a kit and comes with 100 charge slips. For my plate info I just put my business name, city, state and phone #. With shipping everything came to about $50. I process everything thru ProPay using their Premiere account which allows you to accept Visa, MC, Discover and AmEx. You can also use your cell phone to process your sales. I printed up info slips for the customer to fill out that gets their name, address, phone, alt. phone, e-mail and driver's license #. I figure this way if there is a problem there is enough info to get hold of the person. I have had no problems with this imprinter and sales have picked up since starting to accept CC's.

Trae