Are the same type of wicks created equal?

If I tested candles with an HTP #62 from one supplier -- and then order these wicks from another supplier, will my candle burn the same way???? :confused:

I forgot to include these wicks in my recent order. Now, if I order them alone, it will cost me $4 in shipping.

I need to place an order with a different company and I could include these wicks in my order but if I'm not going to get the same results, I'd rather pay the $4 and have peace of mind.

What has been your experience with mixing wick suppliers?

Thanks!

Usually, but not always. I'd test with your most "difficult" FO to see if you get the same results...

Sometimes they have a different coating that will change the burn slightly. Even worse, sometimes you can buy a new batch of wicks from the same supplier and they won't work the same!

That's happened big time twice that I can recall. A bad bunch of zincs - 51s I think? And the manufacturer 2 years ago redid the specs on HTPs so new batches burned differently...

I suggest any time you get a new batch of wicks, do a couple of tests just to make sure you aren't surprised. You'll probably be fine, but it's nice to be sure.