Looking for clear plastic lids for glasses

candleguy

I've checked dozens of vendors and can't even come close to this item. They're on all kinds of manufactured candles. Light weight plastic, sometimes with a punched hole for fragrance sampling.

candle_caps.jpg

Can anyone point me to a supplier or a plastics vendor that can custom make them?

Bitter Creek has the clear plastic lids. They usually are used on the jelly jars.

They are called Smelly Jelly plastic lids, or something like that. They may very well have the ones with the holes.

Hope that is what you are looking for. I'm sure there are others, but that was where I got mine.

Good luck to you.

FernMarie

Fern-Marie,

Stock would be fine if I can find them. Seems nothing, from boxes to bags, in a stock size, fits my containers.

At the Bitter Creek WI site the closest thing I found was :

pDisc - Clear Plastic Smelly Jelly Jar Disc

http://tinyurl.com/crtj4

The type of cap I'm looking is an actual unthreaded cap that's about 1/4 inch deep.I've seen them on cheap votive glasses in WalMart and higher end tumbler candles from Root.

Thanks! Getting closer but those would only work with that jar line. I'll order some with my next order with them just to be sure.

I believe they're called 'plastic dust cover lid for candles' though that's not bringing up much in Google.

Here's a pic of one on a container:

FrostTumbler-wLid1.jpg

And here's someone looking for the same thing:

http://tinyurl.com/8bm2g

I don't think they would mind me posting their info/name/number. I will just cut and paste from an email I received from her when I inquired about the lids. It is an Anchor Hocking product, but you can get it through this company. They sent me samples ahead of time and then I ordered. For me they fit the Fairway 11 and 14oz tumblers.

email from them:

Thank you for your inquiry on plastic lids. I believe you are asking about the Anchor product, Z7838. This is a special order item from Anchor for us as we do not stock Anchor products. They are packaged 144 per case and the price is listed below:

Pricing is based on 1-9 cases, 10-49 cases, 50-249 cases and 250 + cases.

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

Regards,

Gerri Bernard

Marck & Associates, Inc.

419.720.0216 - direct line

419.478.6440 - fax

gerri@marckassoc.com

www.marckassoc.com

Pics too!! You are a kind soul. :smiley2:

Those are exactly what I need. I got a sample from another company. But the source you shared has much better pricing. The other source sells them in 12 packs for 3.50 and I want a gross of them, at least.

Thank you again. I emailed the company u mentioned and hopefully can go from there. These lids are not the easiest thing to locate.

Girl, let me know what you find out about these. I'd like to buy them in gross too. These would be perfect for my tumblers.

Pics too!! You are a kind soul. :smiley2:

Those are exactly what I need. I got a sample from another company. But the source you shared has much better pricing. The other source sells them in 12 packs for 3.50 and I want a gross of them, at least.

Thank you again. I emailed the company u mentioned and hopefully can go from there. These lids are not the easiest thing to locate.

Michael, the tumblers I use these on are (from outside edge to outside edge) just under 3.25 inches. They will also work on ones that are just a bit smaller in diameter. When I say a bit smaller, I would say nothing less than 2.75. These lids have gripper type things on them. I wish there was a better way to explain it, but they have three or four indentions around the inside of the lid that will pop onto the tumbler and hold it snugly. That way it will allow for a bit of room in sizes. If I had to list one downfall, it is that they are pretty flimsy and bend easily. I had one shipment where the box was dented on one end and there was a lot of damaged lids.