Melt pools

I’m noticing that on my candles (using freedom wax with an opening diameter of 3” and using premier cotton wicks), the very first lights are amazing. Melt pools all the way to the ends clean in 3-4 hours. But then all consecutive lights even at 5 hours, they aren’t burning to the ends. What could be the reason for this?? I’ve tried keeping the wick at different lengths but it doesn’t seem to matter. Not until the candle is halfway down and the edges of the jar get hotter with the lights does the hang up start to melt off. It really drives me beyond crazy I can’t understand why/how it changes so drastically from the first light. 

any insight is a huge help thank you! 

3 minutes ago, lisamrtr said:

I’m noticing that on my candles (using freedom wax with an opening diameter of 3” and using premier cotton wicks), the very first lights are amazing. Melt pools all the way to the ends clean in 3-4 hours. But then all consecutive lights even at 5 hours, they aren’t burning to the ends. What could be the reason for this?? I’ve tried keeping the wick at different lengths but it doesn’t seem to matter. Not until the candle is halfway down and the edges of the jar get hotter with the lights does the hang up start to melt off. It really drives me beyond crazy I can’t understand why/how it changes so drastically from the first light. 

any insight is a huge help thank you!