doing a findraiser for our church

KJohnson

Im going to do a fund raiser for our Church I am going to donate 100% of the profits to our church pre-school..they are trying to raise money to build a playground...I am planning on setting up a display in the social hall with the items that can be ordered...and have an order form there....I thought I would run this for a month...I could pick up the order forms once a week...fill the orders and deliver them back to church the following week...

Anyone have any suggestions for me??

I think I have everything covered but Ive never done anything like this before any suggestions would be great!!

Thanks

Guest EMercier

I did one for my mom's church. They did well. I did it basically free. She did buy some of the supplies and I got about $100 for my time. They took orders and got some that way, but some were reluctant. Then I just made a bunch and she sold those a bit better. Both methods worked. When she was just taking orders, I made her samples of everything and the people were able to smell them and see what they would look like. No complaints. She said they still talk about my candles. Gotta get her to do another one. I think this time, I'll just make her some and send them that way the people can have them. She said the Lord will bless me! :)

Forgot to add, send some stuff home with the kids so parents will know.

Awww thats great....and Im sure he will

I actually sell lots of diff scents....but I think I am just going to pick my top 5 sellers...and then make some of those cute pie candles...and have one of each item there so that can smell them etc..

and maybe into the 2nd week if Im not getting alot of orders I will take inventory in so they can buy them and take them home right then and there.

Thanks so much for the tips.

Guest EMercier

Yea, I let her pick 5 scents and she went with that. Although I was a bit upset that she went into the candle pies and my fruit bowl, but it was good to have the extra sales. You'll do OK, good luck!