still debating...

deanna

Hello! I am still debating whether to take on lotion making in addition to candlemaking. I have a couple questions...

I want to buy a lotion base. What ingredients should the base NOT contain? Basically, what types of ingredients are not good to have in a lotion? I want to make sure the base I buy is high quality with nothing that can be harmful to your skin.

What are essential oils? Do I use them in lotions or do I use regular fragrance oils?

What sells better...soy lotion or non-soy lotion?

What do you think customers will pay on average for a 2-3 oz. bottle of lotion (travel size)?

Thanks! I appreciate all your time in reading and responding to this. I am going to keep searching for more answers myself, too.

Can't answer all your questions but...I just wanted to say I really like Bitter Creek's lotion base. :)

Ooops, forgot to add that essential oils are oils which are plant based. If you use those, you want to be sure they are pure. Can be quite expensive though. But you can use either EO's or FO's in your lotions.