Wick frustration, need some advice

Here is my setup. I am using 6006 wax. 8 oz & 16 oz round jars, 1 oz FO pp. Apple Pie from Bluegrass. 8 oz I am using a CD14 (already tried a CD12, not a full melt pool). 16 oz I am using a CD18. The 8 oz jar, widest diameter is a little under 3 “ and the 16 oz is about 3.5”. The 8 oz is half way gone about 5 burns I believe. I have let it burn first for 4 hours then for 3-1/2 hours every other burn and it still will not get a full melt pool. The melt pool feels deep by the wick but it does not go all the way out to the edge of the glass. The scent throw is still awesome though. The edges are sloped edges and are still sliding down as the candle burns. The 16 oz is doing the same thing. I am still pretty much at the top on that one. This is its 3rd burn. Awesome throw on this one too. Why can’t I get a full melt pool? I am afraid to go up on wicks anymore than what I am using now. The glass is not getting too hot either right now. Should I try wicking up again. The zincs are doing the same thing using the same containers, different FO but using a 44-32z in the 8 oz and 60z in the 16 oz. Again awesome throw but still not getting a full melt pool. I am about to pull my hair out with this wax. I love the way it throws but I can’t seem to wick it right. I have also tried the HTP’s and did not like those. Any advice would be appreciated.

We can be bald together while tearing our hair out......I am dealing with the exact same issue with 6006 right now too.... it has been doing great for me full melt pools etc..etc.. BUT all of a sudden i have hang up issues going on... same jar, same wax, same FO AARRGGHHHHHH so as was said in another post"thats why we test test and then test some more" UGH

I had the same issue with J223 and that is why I was trying to switch to another wax. I fell in love with the scen throw from 6006 but can't get the darn wax wicked right. Plus I can pick 6006 up locally. I didn't know if I should try a smaller wick or go up another size. I think I am going to pull them out and try a smaller wick just to see because these are getting real deep right by the wick but hanging up in the side. Back to testing. I actually have my wicks here at my office so I can test here while I work (in a medical office, but people say we have the best smelling office):)