Stick Blendersand lye

clc404

Hello everyone

I would like to try making CP soap. I have read so much information on the board from you all and I think I'm going to give it try. I went to some of the links that were suggested and got all sorts of imformation. Also Robin's tutoral is great. I was wondering about the stick blender. I found 2 at Walmarts 1 was 100 watts 9.99 the other was a 2 speed 20.00 is the 100 watt powerful enough? Or do I need more wattage? I even found one on Targets website for 17.00 2 speed. I also have a lye question. I couldn't find Red Devil lye but I found Roebic is this ok to use. It does say 100% Sodium Hydroxide on the label. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

clc404

Cheryl

If it says 100% you should be good.

For the blender..I have a two speed that I spend maybe $12. Couldn't tell you what the wattage is, but it works wonders for me. I wouldn't worry about putting tons of money into it as you're beginning & learning. I'll guess you'll get lots and lots of soap out of a cheapy.