Instagram and Facebook giveaway

I'm working hard trying to create an online presence and have been kicking around the idea to do a give away. I'm struggling with how exactly  how to word it word it. I was thinking something to the effect of Tag a friend Give away some how want to let them know they will get an entry for following us on Instagram an entry for liking us on Facebook and an entry for each person they tag... I'm not the best with putting words together at times.  

Any and all suggestions are welcome! Especially if any of you have ever done something like this, what you found worked and didn't work for you!

Thanks in advance!!

Shannon

Scandles

Giveaways are how I grew my groups!

How will you keep track of each of these? The more layers, the more complexity for you.

Will it be on the honor system? Will you use a specific hashtag on IG that you will check? Will new members to your FB group give the name of the person who suggested them?

I ask as my giveaways typically are over 300 people who entered and it would be tough to track all of that. You may have it all nicely figured out.

You could do separate giveaways for FB and IG.

Curious how you do this!

Happy to help you with wording once you share those details. In addition to running my own business (I have been featured on a couple of podcasts for how I do things!), I also write for a living at a big corporation.

What I'm thinking is keeping track nightly. 

I'm so impatient I went ahead and just did it...I'm sure wording could be better.

I just wanna do things right now sometimes. So this is what I said 

"Do you Love candles? Do you love FREE candles? Well here's your opportunity!  

For 1 week 4/17/2016 through 4/24/2016 we will be collecting entries to WIN a collection of #Scandles 

1 8oz tin and 1 4oz tin 6 tealight all go to randomly drawn winner! 

You will get 1 entry for following us on Instagram 1 entry for liking our Facebook page and 1 entry for each person you tag! Let's get the word out there and WIN and great group of candles. #soycandles #scentedcandles #organic #handmade #workinghard #womeninbusiness

So I figure I'm literally keeping track pen n paper at the end of each day this week...I'll make little tickets and do an actual drawing, take pictures of the process of course, then the winner I will announce contact and send a coupon code to order the gift on my etsy site but it will be free for them. Then I would like to send a free shipping or 10% off coupon to everyone who enters.

What do ya think? Maybe gonna help me build my customers? 

Perhaps and let's hope!

Maybe start a spreadsheet. List name and then check box for each action they did.

No need to make tickets. Since they will be on a spreadsheet, each can have a number assigned. Use Random.org to draw. Most will be used to that. 

You will find that ANY and EVERY step you can reduce for yourself will make it better for you. Well, and them!

43 minutes ago, Vicky_CO said:

Well Facebook now does not allow the Like us on Facebook or sharing entries anymore.

I found this and I love it. https://www.rafflecopter.com/

It is a great way to do a giveaway. It also keeps you with in these places rules.

Where did you find that information? I run giveaways in my group often. As do most other FB wax groups.

Do you have a link or documentation?

Part of it is here https://m.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php

There is another part but I am on my kindle having problems finding it with this stupid thing.

You can encourage sharing and liking you just can not make it required for an entry. It turns it in to a raffle and then falls under federal gaming laws.

As I understand it you can say for entry comment on this post. Why one is not okay and one is okay I do not understand